Do You Feel The Emotions Of Others As If They Were Yours? 16 Signs That You Are An Empath
Empaths are people who are strongly influenced by the energy of those around them, which is why they have the ability to intuitively feel and perceive others. These people are constantly influenced by the wishes, thoughts and moods of others, but being an empath is much more than a strong sensitivity to certain emotions.
Empaths can feel physical symptoms as well as spiritual urges, and in some situations they can even discover the motives and intentions of other people. So, are you an empath? Check out these 16 signs and find out…
- You feel the emotions of others as if they were yours. This is one of the greatest features that describe empaths. No matter how distant they are, chances are that you will know exactly what they feel.
- You know when someone is not honest with you. If a loved one tries to deceive you, you will immediately tell them that you know what they are trying to do.
- It is unbearable to watch violence, cruelty and tragedy on television. That’s why you are often completely excluded from the world and from what’s happening right now.
- Public places are a problem for you. All those places where there are many people, such as shopping centers, markets, or stadiums, make the empaths overwhelmed by turbulent emotions from all those people around them.
- You are always focused on those who need help. No matter what situation you are in, you simply can’t resist helping those who suffer.
- You have a tendency to develop different types of addictions. Alcohol, drugs, sex … These are just a few of the addictions that empaths often develop in order to block the emotions of others. It is a kind of protective mechanism to hide from the world.
- You are a great listener. Empaths will never speak about themselves unless the person is really close to them. They also love to learn as much as possible about others and to fully understand them, so that’s why they would never stop you from speaking.
- You know things beforehand. You simply feel things no one has ever told you before. This ability exceeds intuition, because you don’t doubt anything, you simply know it.
- You love nature and animals. You are at your best when you are out in nature. It’s even better if you have a pet beside you.
- You are constantly feeling tired. “Energy vampires”, who often find their way to the empaths, are constantly draining your energy. This energy sometimes can’t be restored even with sleep.
- Sometimes you act shy, distant and disconnected. Empaths are prone to rapid mood swings if they absorb too much negative emotions for a short period of time. That’s why in such moments they can be silent, distant, and even miserable.
- It’s not a problem for you to get rid of those things that you don’t need. All those things that have lost their function in the life of an empath are immediately thrown away so they won’t slow them down in life and won’t block the flow of energy.
- You can’t tolerate narcissists. Although empaths are known as high-tolerance individuals, they simply don’t want to be close to egoists who always put themselves in the first place.
- Very often people “pour out” their problems on you. Sometimes even strangers do this. Over time, empaths become “trash bins” that keep everyone’s problems, and if they don’t pay attention, they can completely lose themselves in that chaos.
- You are always looking for answers. And you never stop searching for knowledge. Having unanswered questions is so frustrating that it has the power to distract you from the right path in your life.
- You are prone to suffering much more than you can bear. How else could you deal with all those emotions that people throw at you?